Human growth hormone (HGH) is a signal sent from the pituitary gland - its main function is enabling your muscles to grow throughout childhood. However, research has shown that purposely increasing HGH levels in the bloodstream sends another message to your body: build muscles and lose fat. Think about the changes one’s body goes through during a growth spurt: increased metabolism, more lean muscle, and greater strength and endurance. All of these are reported results of HGH therapy, making the hormone a groundbreaking tool for starting a healthier life. It isn’t surprising that many athletes and celebrities have had HGH injections seeking to fight the aging process.
Research has identified differing benefits of HGH therapy for male and female participants.
Men can experience these benefits:
- Stronger bones
- Stronger ligaments, tendons, joints, cartilage
- Lower blood pressure and cholesterol
- Hair growth - counters the balding that comes with aging
- Increased sexual performance, even relief from Erectile Dysfunction
Women may enjoy benefits including:
- Smoother skin, fewer wrinkles
- Lower cholesterol
- Weight loss, increased strength
- Increased libido
That said, some people get more out of this therapy than others. As any of the qualified Jacksonville HGH clinics will tell you, the best results are experienced by those who pair therapy with exercise and healthy eating. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, HGH may be the key to working with your body to get healthier, instead of fighting your body’s natural tendencies to retain weight.
- Does your hair grow slowly?
- Are you currently gaining weight/have you gained weight over time?
- Do you have problems sleeping?
- Do you suffer from depression or anxiety?
- Are you especially susceptible to disease? Do you have a weakened immune system?
- Do you have trouble losing weight or keeping it off?
- Are you looking for a new way to manage your weight, because of diabetes or another chronic condition?
- Are you 30 or above? (Around this time, your HGH levels are depleted)
How to begin HGH therapy
HGH Therapy can be delivered via injections, pills, or sprays. You can receive growth hormone by injection once you get it prescribed by a doctor. In addition to asking the questions above, a physician may order tests that stimulate the pituitary gland, making it produce more growth hormone. Upon completion of this test, doctors know whether or not an adult should be diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency. Only those diagnosed with deficiency (or children that don’t grow as tall as they should) can be prescribed injections.
If you don’t have a prescription, you can still access HGH through pills and sprays. These usually contain amino acids and vitamins that stimulate human growth hormone production - think of them as ways to give your body the gentle push it needs to keep HGH levels high in older age.
If you’re not sure right away which option is right for you, don’t worry - Jacksonville HGH doctors are here to help. A good first step is setting up a consultation at one of our Jacksonville HGH therapy clinics. Only licensed doctors deliver therapy, and they have extensive knowledge on the hormone’s benefits and side effects. We know that Jacksonville is home to an active, adventurous population, and that you want to look as good as possible on the beach. Let our Jacksonville HGH therapy doctors guide you as you strive for a healthier lifestyle - your doctor will create a therapy schedule that’s right for your needs.